If you are an incoming freshman and meet our assured admission criteria and apply by Nov. 1, you do not need to submit a portfolio. All other applicants must submit a portfolio to be considered for admission to the Department of Design.
Portfolios are submitted online through SlideRoom. Please select "Undergraduate Student - Portfolio Submission" from the directory. For technical support questions while submitting your online application, please contact email@example.com.
The online portfolio submission includes the following requirements:
- Media: Please upload 10-15 images of your strongest creative work.
- Please title each piece.
- In the description, include the medium or software used, the size, date of completion, and a brief one to two sentence description.
- In the case of documented professional or group projects, applicants should indicate personal responsibilities.
- Your portfolio must include at least two mediums. Examples: sketches, drawings, paintings, ceramics, jewelry, 3-D pieces, logos, branding, publications/yearbook, posters or any art or design-related works.
- Displaying a variety of work is essential; use your strongest pieces and good judgment.
- Essay Questions: Each question is to be answered in 200-250 words.
- What is design?
- How has design impacted your life?
- How do you wish to use your design degree to impact the world?
Deadlines for Portfolio Submission
Please note that portfolio submissions are not reviewed until after the deadline. Decision letters are sent out approximately one month after the deadline.
Fall Semester: February 1
Spring Semester: October 1
If you have any questions about your application to the Department of Design please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support questions while submitting your online application, please contact email@example.com.