Prototype, AIGA KU student chapter
The goal of Prototype is to get KU Design students involved in the local design community, create a community of their own and help them build leadership skills that will be valuable as they move into the professional world.
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Organization of Minority Architecture Students Prototype : AIGA KU
NOMAS is a student chapter of the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA). Its mission is to champion diversity within the design professions by promoting the excellence, community engagement, and professional development of its members. It aims to foster communications and fellowship among minority architecture students and fight discrimination that hinders academic and professional progression. NOMAS aims to be the advocates for change, inclusivity and multiculturalism within architectural education and the design profession.
Information on KU NOMAS meetings and activities can be found on its Facebook page.
KU Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
The KU Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture Students is dedicated to providing students with opportunities to explore the field of architecture and experience ways in which their chosen field can lead to a successful and fulfilling career. We engage students in collaborative efforts that help further their education, develop their career paths, form productive friendships, and improve our community. Through intentional planning, hard work, and dedication the AIAS KU accomplishes its mission and increases membership value with the following tangible benefits:
• Firm Visits: Facilitate networking
• FBD: Volunteer + become catalysts of change
• “Architecture+” Supplement traditional education with guest lectures
• General Meetings: Discuss information relevant to students
• Mock Interviews: Improve professional capability
• Portfolio Review Night: Confidently consolidate work
• Study Abroad: Foster global appreciation
• Committees: Recognize and endorse leadership
• Mentorship Program: Educate skill in underclassmen
• Creator’s Ball: Celebrate collaboration + creativity
Please see notices in the halls for meeting times and topics.